Sashi's Broccoli Salad
- Side Dish
- 10 bacon strips
- 1 head broccoli
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup roasted sliced almond
- Roast sliced almond and allow it to cool.
- Roast bacon strips for 15mins at 180 degrees or until crispy, and allow it to cool.
- Cut broccoli into small florets, add onion, raisins and goat cheese.
- For the dressing, whisk vinegar, sugar and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Add dressing to the broccoli and keep it in the fridge for at least 2 hrs.
- Before serving add bacon and almond and mix well.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Sauvignon Blanc.