Michael's Peach and Bourbon Glazed Ham
- 6-12 Serves
- 1 Christmas Ham (half or full leg)
- 3 Peaches, diced
- 100g Brown Sugar
- 25ml Apple Cider Vinegar
- 50ml Water
- 75ml Bourbon
- 5g Sea Salt
- 1 Bunch of Thyme
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Combine all the glaze ingredients in a saucepan and cook until the peach breaks down. Set aside to allow to cool down.
- Peel pork rind. Score the ham fat in a cross cut. Pour over half the marinade.
- Cook in a 160°C oven for 1 hr.
- Pour over the remaining glaze and cook for another hour.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Grenache.