Courtney's Peach, Bocconcini and Nut Salad
- 6-8 Serves
- 4 large yellow peaches, washed
- 4 large yellow or white nectarines, washed
- 350g fresh Bocconcini cheese
- 1 red onion, peeled, sliced into thin wedges
- 1 cup basil leaves, picked
- 200g pearl couscous
- 1 x 250g Coles black rice microwave pouch
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds, plus extra to serve
- ½ cup currants
- ½ cup roasted almonds, chopped
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup sunflower seeds, toasted
- ½ cup pepita seeds, toasted
- 80g baby spinach leaves
- ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Sea salt and Black pepper
- To make the nut salad, cook the pearl cous cous in boiling salted water for 10-15 minutes, or until just cooked through. Rinse under cold water, drain and place into a large bowl.
- Mix all the remaining nut salad ingredients through the cous cous. Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a bowl and pour over the salad. Toss well to combine.
- Place the nut salad onto a large serving platter.
- Slice the peaches and nectarines into wedges and discard the seeds. Arrange the peaches onto the serving platter and scatter over the mozzarella cheese, onion and picked basil leaves.
- Drizzle with extra olive oil and cracked black pepper just before serving.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Fiano.